What’s better than waking up in the morning, looking outside your window and seeing a large, wide-open grassy backyard? Well if you ask us, we are going to say that waking up and seeing a beautiful outdoor entertainment area outside your window is better.
Whether you live on several acres out in the country or your suburban neighborhood home has a large yard, you should consider using that open space to enhance your property. You can transform the area into a luxurious spot for yourself or spoil your children by turning it into a fun, outdoor play area.
Besides the obvious benefits of flipping your plain backyard, upgrading almost always has a return on investment. Even the slightest adjustments to a background make a difference when it comes to the resale value of a house. So if you are looking to move in the next five to 10 to 20 years, adding something special to your background will definitely increase the price tag on your home.
So hopefully by now we have sparked your interest, and it is time to help you with the hardest part of this upgrading process: deciding what to turn the extra space in your background into. Lucky for you, we are experts at designing and constructing all kinds of indoor and outdoor home projects, so we have compiled a list of our favorite ideas to help you narrow down your search.
5 Ways to Upgrade Your Backyard
1. Build an Outdoor Entertainment Area: One of the most common outdoor projects that homeowners invest in are outdoor entertainment areas. Many types of outdoor structures and areas can fall into this umbrella category, but we think the best types are patios.
What’s great about outdoor patios is that there is an endless amount of design options and an endless amount of ways to decorate them. We recommend using stone or brick for the flooring and installing some type of covering above it to provide shade or to keep the rain out. Some patios may have a chimney with a large flat screen TV mounted just above the fireplace, while others take on the role of an outdoor kitchen with a granite island featuring a sink, a mini-refrigerator and a grill.
If you think building an outdoor entertainment area is the right option for you, give us a call so we can show you our designs and get the ball rolling.
2. Put a Pool In: If you are feeling extra adventurous, you could put a pool in your backyard to compliment your beautiful patio. Not only would the pool be a treat for you, but your kids will surely love it too. While you’re at it, maybe consider throwing a hot tub into the mix as well.
Similarly to outdoor entertainment areas, there is a plethora of design options and color themes when it comes to choosing your pool. If you have a certain pool layout or design in your head, we would be happy to build your patio or sitting area to match.
3. Build a chicken coop: Nowadays, having home gardens and eating only organically grown food is all the rage. So if you are going to harvest your own vegetables, might as well cook your own eggs (or chickens) too. However, this option mostly applies to people who live out in the country because most neighborhoods’ homeowners associations would not approve of this idea.
Although it might sound crazy at first, if you are considering investing in some fresh backyard to plate eggs, check out our chic chicken coop design. It even comes with extra storage space!
4. Build a Detached Garage or Shed: If your house does not have a big enough garage or if you just simply need more space, you should build a detached garage or shed in your backyard. Not only would you get the much needed space that you deserve, but you would also be improving the curb appeal of your home.
Not to mention, building an additional structure for storage will definitely increase your home’s resale value as well. No one has ever complained about buying a place with too much storage. Just like building a patio to match your pool, we would love to design the garage or shed to match your house. If you are unsure about what you want it to look like, give us a call and we can help make the decision easier.
5. Build a treehouse or clubhouse: If you have younger children, you should think about turning your huge backyard into their favorite play area. Building a treehouse or clubhouse for them to play in means that you will easily be able to keep an eye on them and know that they are safe without inhibiting the fun.
Although some people build treehouses myselves, we highly recommend using professional builders, like our experts, to make sure that the house is well-built and safe for your children to play in, especially as they get bigger.
Whether you choose to build one of these options or if you decide to pursue another outdoor project for your backyard, we are here to help you along every step of the way. Visit our website or give us a call today to get started on your backyard upgrade.